As Hallowe’en is my absolute favourite time of year, I wanted to do something to mark the occasion. In previous years, the amazing folk at Fascination With Fear ran a festival of lists throughout the month of October and, with their permission, I’m going to do something similar. For every day of October I’m going to post a list of 10 horror-related things. Because I fucking love lists almost as much as I love horror, and I’m excited. I even have a Hallowe’en Tree this year! It’s going to be amazeballs.
Anyhoo, I’m starting this off with…
10 Psychopathic Killers
The scariest thing about psychopaths is that they aren’t crazy. They suffer from a condition which stops them from feeling empathy or remorse, and inhibits behavioral controls, though they can be confident and charming. Here are some of my favourite psychopaths in horror cinema.
1. John Doe (Se7en)
2. Rhoda Penmark (The Bad Seed)
3. Buffalo Bill (The Silence of the Lambs)
4. Patrick Bateman (American Psycho)
5. Otis Firefly (House of 1000 Corpses, The Devil’s Rejects)
6. Jean-Baptiste Grenouille (Perfume: the Story of a Murderer)
7. Hannibal Lecter (The Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon, Hannibal)
8. Lola (The Loved Ones)
9. Captain Vidal (Pan’s Labyrinth)
10. Billy Loomis (Scream)